CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 6, 2009

Story of My Life

Today, it rained. The floating masses of water that have been hanging over our heads have finally let spill their contents over the earth... Rain is truly a miracle if ever I heard of one. I could sit for hours just listening to the ever-changing beat of the drops outside my window... Unfortunately, I don't have the time for such luxuries... However, on a late Friday afternoon, with nothing better to do, contemplating life is not a completely wasteful use of time. So that's what I did today. Between prayers of thanks for the amazing turn of weather, lazily reading novels, and plunking out skewed melodies on the keyboard, I found that I actually had time to take that moment of silence I was talking about in my last post of significance... I found my mind wandering around thoughts of the future and everything that it holds, both bitter and sweet. Isn't it amazing how He has something planned for each and everyone of us, more fantastic that what we could ever imagine? But no matter how many times I'm reminded of that, the fact continually slips from memory. I have to be reminded that even when we can't see where we're going and are afraid of hitting our knees in the dark, our Guide knows the path. While randomly flipping through the pages of my Bible, Proverbs 20:24 stood out from the page. It said, "The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?"... Talk about an applicable verse! Being naturally prone to worry, particularly about what is to come, learning that there is nothing I can do to change the future, no matter how much I wish I could just tweak a few things, is harder than climbing Mt. Everest, and if not for our Lord, nearly as cold a journey...........

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very true. Its all about perspective and how you choose to view things. But if you try and think things through all the time, you're stuck. 'Tis always good to take a step back.

Anonymous said...

awsome post! your so right its good know our steps are being guided even though we cant see in front of our noses

Anonymous said...

welll that was an interesting post and i second the whole reading while its raining thing
ohhh i figured out who the guy that played nick was--- johnny in fantastic four and DC is making a prequel comic book to explain parts of the movie(did you figure out what that book/movie was???)

Anonymous said...

haha What is an "interesting post" supposed to mean? And I haven't thought of it yet...

Anonymous said...

it was just interesting
OHHHH how was driving?
i spent 3hrs on the fone last niite
hehehe

Anonymous said...

Three hours?!?! Good for you! ;)

Anonymous said...

oh so true :) "plunking out skewed melodies" is how i spent my monday off =) that and plucking random strings on my guitar..that reminds me i need to finish The Secret Garden...

:))))) i love that story.

Anonymous said...

i know but today is going to SUCK

Anonymous said...

This post made me smile so. It is such sweet releief to know that God's purposes cannot be thwarted and that He will perfect that which concerns us (Psalms 138:8). I pray for more lovely days for you to think about the Truth and Beauty of knowing that the God who invented rainy days for pondering is directng your steps and so long as you are willing to follow His lead, the dance along the way will be more than you can ask or think...p.s. please keep on writing you have quite the gift!