CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Untitled Post

On Tuesday morning, the "minor cold" I've had for several weeks decided to morph into a full-on sinus attack. Feeling like death itself, I stayed home from school on both Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday evening, deciding I could probably benefit from reviewing the material for the AP World History test on Thursday morning, I went to Mr. Turner's after-school review. It ended up being a complete waste of time. I happen to be a *terrible* studier. Focusing on a review book is just not my cup of tea. Soo... I ended up playing guitar for a couple hours, just so that when Mandy texted to make sure I was studying, I could honestly say I was... I mean, I didn't have to tell her *what* I was studying!

The AP World History test went surprisingly well. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I do think that I passed. Yay!

Right now, it is Friday morning and we are gassing up at the Flying J in Lenwood. These boating trips are incredibly traditional. Every trip, we get up ridiculously early and meet up at our Grandpa and Grandmum J's home. Then, we drive. No one is allowed to put on a movie until we hit the freeway. We stop for breakfast at the McDonald's in Lenwood. We drive. We reach the destination (usually either Mead or Mohave). We check in. We get the hotel room/motor home settled. We launch the boat. We drive around the lake, looking for a beach. We find a beach. We set up the shade tarp. All the adults sit down in their favorite chairs with a beer and no intention of moving the rest of the day. The teenagers bug my dad to take us skiing. He gives in. We ski for a couple hours. We get back to the beach. Everyone closes the tarp and chairs. We head back to the marina. We clean up. We have dinner. We sleep. For the next 3 days, repeat from "all the adults" to "sleep". I love it but it is extremely routine.

I don't know whether or not I'll have cell signal/internet connection once we reach the lake. If I do, I'll post as soon as we get there. Adios for now!

0 comments: