CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Crawling Out of Mourning

Goodness Gracious. *long, drawn out sigh* What is our world coming to?! On last Tuesday night, the fourth of November 2008, Barack Hussein Obama made his acceptance speech as President Elect of the United States of America. Let us observe a moment of silence for the death of America's future..... Our country, may she rest in peace...........................................................................................................................................................This was DEFINATELY a cause to mourn. Since then, I have worn nothing but black and pajamas. Having vowed to do so for the rest of the week if he was elected, I have walked around like a rain cloud since that fateful Tuesday. I'm not quite over the initial horror/depression at having someone I was so very opposed to, be elected BY THE PEOPLE of our nation to lead us. Ugh. Just typing this makes me want to scream! I waited until Sunday to write this because, had I attempted it sooner, this post would just be one interminably long rant about how extremely sorrowful life is and how horridly tragic America's thought process is. However, whether or not I'm completely over it, the worst is past. I'll be able to vote in the next elections and then I'll at least be able to say I had a hand in getting him out of office. =/ Not much consolation there. Another "happy" bit of information, the inauguration insn't until January twentieth. From today, that means 72 days left! Aka 72 days to weep, mourn, rant, glare, and be completely negative about President Elect Obama's election. Once he's in office, he will be our nation's leader. We will have to support him because, to not would be to not support our country. As a general rule of thumb, supporting your own country is probably a good thing. (Obviously, Mum shot down the idea of moving to England. Ba Humbug!) Well, to get off such a horrible subject, I was sick on Friday and missed school. Being sick is never TOO bad but missing school is always an unfortunate occurence. I'm now swamped with homework and have to make up several tests when I return. Don't ask me what the tests are about, I have no clue. (and this IS a happier subject than the elections) Alright I have to go put on a sweatshirt. I'll post again soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi honey!!!!! you will make it i promise
if u feel a collapse coming i will personally sit down and talk with our wonderful new president after reviving you

Anonymous said...

its ok kaitlyn i am mourning along with you...so is emily and steven and sarah..and basically everyone....lets just hope he doesnt ruin the country to much in 4 years..we still have enough time to mourn the loss of the country. And about supporting him...nowhere does it say we have to do it with a happy heart:)

Anonymous said...

haha Very true Oksana!! And thank you kindly Meaghan. I'll enjoy watching you getting wrestled to the ground by Secret Service spreading all over Youtube! :P Just kidding, Thank's Meagh!