CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rituals of the Bath

I'm generally a shower-girl. It's just so much faster than having to draw up a whole tub of water. Today however, I really wanted to procrastinate preparing for my timed English essay tomorrow so... I took a bath. And actually, I've decided it's a rather glorious thing! Ever since the time of the Greeks and Romans, bathing has been a ritual part of life. (For a full history go here.) There's something extremely calming about immersing yourself entirely in hot water and basking in the warmth until your fingers get all pruny. Now mind, I realize it isn't at all practical for regularity but, as a rare indulgence, it suits just fine. (excluding you, Grandmama) So saying, I now charge you all to take a bath (a real one, not the over used term for any type of bathing) at the next chance you get. I care not whether you think you're "too tall and won't fit", try it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, funny, i have another excuse, "i dont have the time" :p

PS it doesn't look like my sister is mourning :p

Anonymous said...

Posh! I'm sure you could find the time. And whether or not she's completely mourning, I'm sure she's very dissappointed with the outcome of the elections.

Anonymous said...

Haha thats very true, however i think we all are

Anonymous said...

Alas, 'tis true! Poor America...