CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Everything From Razzle Dazzle to Now...

 



CoLoR iS a WoNdErFuL tHiNg! I just figured out how to add color to my posts and thought I might as well try

it out....

Alright so, as I was sitting in my room today, staring at the ceiling for lack of anything better to do, I was hit by a sudden realization. I had not blogged since before Razzle Dazzle! Although not much has happened since then that anyone reading this would either care know or I would care to write, I figured I might as well write something. So here goes.... Razzle Dazzle went splendidly. There were fewer tables and more servers this year so that we were all able to wait on only one table! (first time ever, I might add) Despite the Cruella deVil outfits in the fashion show (and a rather embarrasing spotting of an "old friend" who was modeling them) everything went without a hitch. There was a "fashion throughout the ages" segment that was fantastic. I was extremely jealous of Steve and Evangelia Navaro and their fantastic, early 20th century attire. Her bonnet was simply to die for! :) Progressing in time, Brian Lucas' green suit and 'fro were... interesting, and not at all suspected by Mandy. Some of the youth performed in a 1950's style. Steven was dressed much like usual but everyone else was wonderfully dressed and they all performed exceedingly well. Mandy Lucas was the speaker this year and gave a rousing speech about purses! Okay, actually, I didn't pay too much attention after I heard what it was about but nevertheless, I'm sure it was fantastic! However, when I got home, I had a strong urge to make something out of all of the vinyl (fabric not records) that I had laying around. I eventully decided upon a black vinyl satchel. Not the best choice! I made up the pattern as I went and it turned out looking like a ganny-bag but, oh well. It was my first try. I think I'll embroider some beads to the front or something of the sort, just to give it a bit more personality... Saturday afternoon, Meaghan performed in a stage production of High School Musical. Though it's definately not my favorite story line, Meaghan dancing on the table tops was priceless! She had to "pop, lock, brake, and jam" on top of a table, in front of a full-house at Bridges Auditorium! And Meagh, you did it well! Much better than that horridly annoying Sharpay could have done! :P That night, the Boat Club had their annual officer's election pot-luck at the Claro's home. As usual, it was the adults sitting around drinking either Corona Light or wine and all the kids hanging out upstairs making ridiculous amounts of noise. When you go to a Boat Club function, you can almost assure yourself that you'll have a head-ache by the time you get home. Don't get me wrong, it's always fun, just loud and crazy. This time, we made pizza. The "meat lovers" was so scary I wouldn't touch it but, the more normal toppinged pizzas were delicious! Tuesday was Robert's birthday! (Robert Marquez, not my father) He actually wore the ducky towel Meagh and Mandy had gotten him for the first couple periods of the day. However, when Jami refused to admit to knowing him, let alone hold his hand, he relented and took it off. Oh the drama! The rest of the week was pretty uneventful as far as blog-worthy news goes. If ya'll can thing of something that I missed, let me know!!!   

P.s. The bright colors were getting on my nerves.... =/


 

0 comments: