CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another NASA Space Center

note: Okay I got that wrong, we went from Disney World to the Kennedy Space Center, NOT Saint Augustine. :P That was the next day!

Sooo, today we went to the Kennedy Space Center. I actually like it a lot more than the Huston Space Center. It was a lot more informational than touristy and everything was done WELL. I mean, everything was produced and set up extremely well. There was a space shuttle launch simulator that was phenomenal and an excellent tour of the grounds. We saw where Apollo 13 launched from and where the first Apollo was buried, for future generations. There are also two IMAX 3D movies about the International Space Center and the first Lunar Missions. Althoug one of them was narrated by Tom Cruise (yuck!), the information was fascinating and actually wasn't boring. (the other was narrated by Tom Hanks) TOMORROW, we're going to the Castillo De Santo Marcos in Saint Augustine, Florida.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know - this comment is being written long after the fact! I just wanted to make sure you had a very happy birthday yesterday! Guessing you don't return phone messages or is it that you wanted to pass up on my singing this year? Hmmm.
As to your NASA trip, we lived with Apollo 13 for a very long time. Funny how the history of it now is more interesting than the reality of it was then. Got that?
Well, another happy, happy and belated birthday to you! Love you Kaitlyn!
Grampie & Gram

Anonymous said...

You need pictures of parasailing (if you have any)!!! I want to see it! It sounded like so much fun but scary too. I mean 800ft in the air!!! Yikes!!! I hope you had a lovely birthday yesterday and I can't wait to hear about all the extravagant adventures that you have done!!!