CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independence Day

So... as you all know, today was Independence Day. That's right, the Fourth of July. The day when America finally declared it's freedom from the Mother Country. In celebration of this splendid day, we drove- a lot. Right now we are in Louisiana. Hot, sticky, swampy, Louisiana. If you can't tell already- I don't particulary care for Louisiana! The air is so humid, it's tangible and it is incredibly muddy. The camp-ground that we are staying at is actually right by a swamp. A real swamp. The type of real swamp they warn you not to walk near after night because the alligators will come and eat you! Personally, I don't plan on being eaten by an evil, swamp-lurking, alligator anytime soon. Therefore, I am sitting peacefully in our air-conditioned recreational vehicle, with a bottle of water and a good book. (Thanks Meagh!!) Staying in door also prevents me from being eaten alive by bugs. You walk out the door and the first thing you hear is a constant buzz. At first, you may think that it is the hum of a telephone wire, or possibly some really annoying child talking in your ear *cough*Zachary*cough* But no, it is in fact bugs. And no matter how many times you swat at them, they will always be there- watching and waiting for the right time to suck your blood. *shivers* Back to the Fourth of July... To celebrate, Father brought along some fireworks to set off at the camp-ground. Which actually isn't illegal in Louisiana... we hope. Anyways, we had a lovely time watching coloured sparks shoot into the night sky. And then we had s'mores! Personally, I don't like s'mores. The grahm cracker and chocolate ruin the deliciousness of the burnt marshmallow. So JESSICA had s'mores and Zach and I had toasted marshmallows. (I just happened to 'toast' mine until they were flaming and black.) The ironic part of all this was that we were 'toasting' them on our stove, inside the motorhome, instead of the traditional bonfire. Oh well, they still tasted good. Even though my birthday isn't for a little over a week, everyone thought it best that I open one of my presents now. (so that I could use it on our trip) I got a lovely, pink, Olympus, camera! And so... the firework pictures that I uploaded were actually taken with MY camera! Yay! Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day so check in soon!

p.s. I love reading all of your comments! It's nice to know WHO is reading instead of just looking at my dashboard and seeing that there have been 376 total views. We'll throw a party when we get to 500! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please read comment under mini fireworks pic. These comments just go all over the place huh.
Gram

Anonymous said...

Well don't tell your mom but your blog was much more fun to read! We had a very busy weekend after getting home Tuesday after 7000 miles. Our trip was mostly hundreds of rolling green hills or desert. This got extremely boring so keep that in mind. I must say we had some wonderful times in LA, in 2005, but we were prepared ahead of time for the weather and bugs as we have dear friends that live there.
Have a great trip and continue the blog I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Hugs Joyce