CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

El Castillo De Santo Marcos

note: This post is from last Saturday.

Today we went to the Castillo De Santo Marcos. It was a Spanish Fort in Saint Augustine, Florida. (Saint Augustine is the oldest city in America) The remarkable part was that it never fell to the British. There was a lot of cool history and tons of awesome cannons pointing out to sea but, my favorite part was the chapel of Saint Mark. The original, ornately carved, stone basins for Holy Water are still there! Afterwards, we walked through the downtown and went to a fantastic little pizza place for lunch. The rest of the day we spent driving. Tomorrow we're going to Tybee Island, South Carolina.

post script: I'm not wearing down I jusst wasn't able to write for a couple of days and that has thrown me off. I'm catching up asap and then I'll be able to produce more in-depth posts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to here your not wearing down. I was happy to hear you had a memorable 15th birthday para-sailing and Ben and Jerry icecream. We miss you and the family. Love from Grandpa and Grammy J

Anonymous said...

HAPPPPPPPPPPY bIRRRTHDAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (although very late =]) love you see you soon =]